November 6, 2018 - Lunch with Extraordinary Veterans
One hundred years after the war to end all wars, what are the lessons learned about allies, conflict and the quest for peace?
The Canadian Club of Ottawa is hosting an intimate luncheon with a group of extraordinary Veterans.
Hear Canada’s war heroes share their stories.
Special guests include:
- Chevalier Alex Polowin - Canadian Navy WWII.
- Peter Craske - WWII
- Ottawa City Councillor Matthew Luloff - Afghanistan.
- Steve Nolan - Bosnia, Kosovo, Afghanistan.
- Major Sandra Perron - Canada's first female infantry officer
- Major (Ret’d) Bob Crane - Indigenous veteran, Cold War
- Doug Cody - Peacekeeper in Egypt
- Rob Martin - Cold War, Afghanistan
- Bronwynn Guymer - Navy
- Tom Burner - former President of Canadian Club, Medicine Hat
- Douglas Rowland - former parliamentarian, veteran of RCN Reserve
- JL (John) Chow
- Louise Siew
- Captain Marcelle Lavigne (Ret'd)
- WL John Gallagher
- Jack MacDonald
- Christopher Rochon
- Samson Young
Moderated by Mercedes Stephenson, Ottawa Bureau Chief, Global News and host of ‘The West Block’.
Veterans, also known as ‘Living Books’, will be seated at each table to provide you with a unique opportunity to hear their stories, ask questions and really get to know these brave individuals.
When: November 6, 2018, 11:30 am - 1:30 pm
Where: Château Laurier, Ballroom
Individual tickets and corporate tables are available.
Please consider sponsoring a veteran for lunch.